Trips in Twente
- Bicycle Museum Ommen | The Bicycle Museum in Ommen is located in the Brugstraat. There is a large collection of bicycles on display, ranging from historical to delivery-, work- and touring bicycles. Bicycle collectibles are also on display as well as a collection of historical clothing from the Cultural Historical Centre Ommen.
- Staphorst | Traditional Costumes, ‘Staphorster Stipwerk’ and green shutters combined with bright blue window frames. During your visit to Staphorst you will see how old traditions are kept alive, feel the historical character and enjoy the beauty of the landscape.
Walking around in the restored Museum Staphorst you will imagine yourself back in time and experience how the people of Staphorst used to live. Here you can visit, among other things, the permanent exhibition of traditional costumes. This Staphorster costume is still worn by a small part of the population.
- Orvelte | Orvelte is a special village in Drenthe. It has been voted one of the five most beautiful villages in the Netherlands. History lives in this special place, where also ordinary people live and work.
The streets of cobblestones and old clinkers give Orvelte a special atmosphere. Just walking through it is a special experience. There is plenty to do in the village. Some farms are open for viewing. There are also a number of museums and even a small zoo. Events, markets and concerts are regularly organised in the village.
- Giethoorn | Giethoorn, located in National Park Weerribben-Wieden, is an idyllic village in Overijssel where numerous thatched farms have been built on small peat islands connected by more than 170 wooden bridges. It is not without reason that it is called “Venice of the Netherlands”.
- Amusement Park Slagharen | In Amusement Park Slagharen it’s one adventure after another. Travel in a few steps from the Wild West to Mexico, celebrate carnival in rhythmic New Orleans and go in search of gold in Yellowstone. With over 30 different attractions for young and old, an adventurous day is guaranteed!
- Hellendoorn Adventure Park | Hellendoorn Adventure Park is a real family amusement park where there is a lot to do! Hidden in the woods of the Sallandse Heuvelrug, over 30 top attractions and shows await you: two splashing wild water rides, three spectacular roller coasters, a swing ride, a laser game, Toddlerland for little adventurers and much more!
- Plopsa Indoor Coevorden | The most beautiful indoor amusement park in the Netherlands, has 25 magical themed attractions and takes kids between the ages of 2 and 10 on their first big adventure. Bumba, Plop, Wickie the Viking and Maya the Bee are eager to meet you!
Every day a free show with your Studio 100 heroes, a confetti dance and Meet & Greets with the Plopsa characters and more than 25 cool attractions.
Not exciting enough yet? On the Wickietrail you’ll race at high speed through the rugged rocks. At the Lighthouse you can enjoy the beautiful view over the park, but hold on tight! A little later you dive down again. Do you prefer to stay in the air? The harder you pedal on the Flying Bicycles, the higher you get. Piet Piraat welcomes his mates on board of De Scheve Schuit, where you can fire a cannonball like a real seaman.
- Bird park “De Lorkeershoeve” | Bird park “De Lorkeershoeve” is the largest bird park in northeastern Overijssel. Discover birds from all over the world during a walk along the many aviaries, the birds of prey castle and the beautiful gardens with ponds and waterfalls.
- Wildlands Adventure Zoo | Make a world expedition in one day at WILDLANDS Adventure Zoo Emmen. Climb through the treetops in the tropical jungle while spying on the elephants and lemurs. Find yourself among the zebras and lions on the hot savannah and search for penguins and polar bears in the icy polar region. Quietly walking, climbing, sailing, in a safari truck or hanging from a rope.
- Zwolle | The Hanseatic city of Zwolle is well worth a visit. Feel free to spend for more days, because one day is not enough to experience the city.
Zwolle has a historic city centre with many places of interest, such as Museum “De Fundatie” and Waanders in The Broeren, restaurants that are famous for their culinary delights such as De Librije, cosy terraces and pubs, a cosy city centre with hospitable shopkeepers and of course plenty of opportunities for an evening out. A boat trip through the canals of Zwolle is highly recommended.